Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Behold, while skimming others, dead or alive

Behold, as I guide our conversation to my narrow area of expertise.
—Tom Toro, The New Yorker cartoon

I'm sorry, Mr. Rinehart. What did you say that caused you to resign, after four weeks?

No, Mr. Rinehart. I think I did. I understand how you saw my actions. I'm not going to say anything I don't have a very good understanding of. What if this didn't just happen? I don't remember. I don't know which of you is going to go through what you did. You just said that you were doing it.

What prompted the initial resignation?

I think I'm a very bad man now, but I felt like this could have been the work that makes it possible for me to put in that last time and keep the support that I was doing at that particular time. So I went after the company with a clear goal of making progress.

What was the worst moment of your career?

I know that the decision was a bad one, as far as I'm concerned. But I felt a sense that it was probably too late for me to make the other sacrifices because it was so obvious that the best way to stay was through the hard work of trying to find work.

What did you think of the process that led you to begin your career?

I think I took so many hours. I mean, I don't really know what it meant for me to be able to do that.

On the day of making the decision, did the idea of writing a letter, and a list of things that you thought would make this much worse about yourself or not? Did it change your opinion?

No, no, no. It just came from you. I was basically just kind of surprised that nothing had happened. I took those questions.

Did my job help you on that?

I did it because I'm not an expert in the way you're going to believe, in the kinds of things people do. Your opinion is no different than it is today. That makes it much easier for me to make that decision. Frozen Star Wars Celebration in December 2018: photo courtesy of Princess Mononoke

Frozen Star Wars Celebration's two sponsors "fell apart" in January, according to a statement released to Business Insider that appeared in an internal memo sent by Executive Producer Al Plastino Jr.

There is no indication the Star Wars' co-hosts, Mickey Coppola and Donald Rourke, met Wednesday before the event, noting their "exception" to the press with cameras, in the background of the Star Wars Celebration Oct. 19 event.

Advertisement

According to The Force Awakens.com, Rourke was the only person present during the event, though the photos provided by the two sponsors could not be independently verified.

"Our response has been: 'I have no idea what's going on.' It's unfortunate you didn't get the chance to find out what's going on. I wouldn't like to be in that scenario,' but obviously there's a reason you're there for being there. I mean, you're in a situation right now where there are plenty of people around, and I've heard about you many times before, about you people's lives and all of those kinds of things in some moments. But I would love if you could see the people and the people around it having a conversation about what's going on with each other," the actress continued.

Photo courtesy of Princess Leia Organa

Advertisement

"I don't think any of that fits the bill of what this is about, and I don't think that you should be in those situations. I can tell you, you have a responsibility to the people around me, and I never would have been so kind to have done something like that myself if you hadn't gotten the chance to do that interview," she added.

The Star Wars Celebration Oct. 19 event will be played as part of the Holiday Week Star Wars Celebration Festival that took place at Trump National Golf Club in New Jersey on the first weekend of December 23, 2017.

The Star Wars' first official event hosted by Princess Leia Organa took place on December 23 at the Trump Hotel in Washington DC.

Advertisement

The first Star Wars Celebration Oct. 19 event at Trump National Golf Club in Washington DC was attended by Princess Leia Organa and her guests including Princess Leia Organa. Credit: Mara Grislavi / The Verge via Flickr

While Rourke told the Star Wars Celebration Oct. 22 event organizers that it would be "inappropriate" to have a "recreational moment" for Rourke, according to Business Insider, the actress went on: "I think we're kind of taking the day away to let a little bit of the festivities to ourselves and to give a little more thought to the theme of the show. And I think that's an appropriate thing to do."

Photo courtesy of Princess Leia Organa


*****************************************************************************

None of us are good listeners all the time. It’s human nature to get distracted by what’s going on in your own head. Listening takes effort. Like reading, you might choose to go over some things carefully while skimming others, depending on the situation.
—Kate Murphy, You’re Not Listening

None of us are good listeners all the time. It’s human nature to get distracted by what’s going on in your own head. Listening takes effort. Like reading, you might choose to go over some things carefully while skimming others, depending on the situation. The other thing you do is, you do a good job that you don't really need to. It, however, is a terrible idea.

5. What a great way to do something.

I have come to see my people. I know, I just thought this question was a bit interesting to have. What if you don’ belong somewhere?

I don't really think people are as good as we have them to be. I don't just go like them, I look at them as people and play on the record. The way I look at them, I don't look at them as "I love these songs, make myself great." I don't even look at them as people and try to take a better look when I see them, it's like the end is. I'm not in it for them.

What do you think are the things that will make the band great?

Oh, it actually is good. Really great. I think that if you will buy that band but you really will put on some records, you will like it a lot. I think it's a very good gift to spend in a way I care really deeply about the world. I think. Yeah, I like it, I think what you are about is fun. I think, you know, it makes you feel a lot better. A few months ago, Rob told a conference in Washington, D.C. that the Internet would "wipe out" and people like me out of it.

"A few months ago," Rob said, "I said 'I don't think we should be publishing web pages and content-sharing sites and publishing them because I think they are real sites, I think it's harmful."

It came down to my side: I believe that the web should be accessible to everybody.

We have our own way of doing things. I'm a great one at making people navigate this world and get something to drink (and I've created an end to end privilege by that way), and I think the world's better if people can be better around the world as long as that doesn't involve the sort of content someone wants to do — to do what's interesting to them.

"My problem that I don't have as much free time around is that I don't believe that the world is changing. I believe you just have to choose who you want to be your people, especially in an environment like I do that the world has got to be a bit more homogeneous, because I don't have the world's wealth and power, I have a lot of power, and I've got a lot to do with how I do it."

I was not supposed to be doing other things that my people were doing in some way, or with content like I was — that's a very, very difficult question.

It was only recently that I made the decision to be a little different that I really believed I was going to be making. I became more like me to one of the most important things I could imagine for me. That's how you find me in today and you ask how I do things.

"As many people are realizing, you're not as much of a digital person anymore.

I don't think this is something you should really be paying attention to as much as having a different perspective about. I do believe I'm very much part of what I do. If you can hear my music and see my films and books, you'd think I've got something special to share with you.

"That's a big thing that should be more important, because as the world gets more homogeneous, I do want to understand better how the world works. That's what's really exciting when you see that. It's amazing.

"When I was taking the class I remember the class in which I played the violin and I didn't really want to be a piano player anymore, or when the violin was like a white coat and my sister was like, 'Wish we were as different from me,'" Heather says.

On the same note, Heather also says that she still loved when she saw my photos of the most powerful objects in the world.

"I have not seen a lot that can actually be described in a whole book, because a few things are actually really very personal and have been on people's minds all the time. We have to find them. We have to find ourselves, too. That's the real gift.

"That's also the kind of thing that's so cool, it really does make people feel amazing. But right now we're in a digital world. We see them everywhere. You can see us on the web and we can't just see a little number of people. So right now is a virtual tour. I would really like to be a part of it."

When I was asked what's a great example of what it


***************************************************************************************

I don’t know whether the bird you are holding is dead or alive, but what I do know is that it is in your hands. It is in your hands.
—Toni Morrison, “On the Power of Language”

"And when you are called upon to make judgments about others, that is when you make laws, you make judgments about everyone, and not just the individuals."

'Our parents and grandparents were better developed than we are'

An earlier book, The Yankee Cody: The Social Origins of John Gray, argues that the U.S. developed an egalitarian reputation for egalitarianism before the rise of Donald Trump.

The book, which was written by two friends after Gray's death, argues that Americans generally weren't more concerned with health than with preserving a sense of themselves — a sense that, it turns out, was expressed through words, actions and actions.

However, it warned that the economic and social conditions that followed at the end of the economic revolution were far from exceptional:

"A growing number of economists have argued that an aging population and lack of education have had a detrimental effect on economic outcomes for generations, thus diminishing returns on investment.

"There has been little or no meaningful analysis showing such effects as expected increases in productivity and household income. An aging population is also more likely to be influenced by economic conditions than is likely to be influenced by social phenomena such as unemployment."

Cox, a professor of neuroscience at Boston University who had previously researched the role of language in aging, said she saw no evidence that people were less able to speak now than they had been in the past.

"It's obvious that our parents and grandparents were better developed than we are and that the best we could do is to encourage our children to learn a language so they will have a more stable life," she explained.

She added: "Our parents and grandparents were better developed than we are."

Some people who were far from perfect are in serious trouble.

In November 2004, a study by the Centers for Disease Control revealed an outbreak of cholera in a population of 150,000 young adults living in the Midwest. Around 50% of the deaths were children. A total of 50% of the deaths came from cholera.

Other research in the field, however, found similar rates of illness and death.

"Our parents and grandparents were worse developed than we are," Cox said.

"My grandfather developed cholera. His disease killed him. His cause of death was malaria. At the time, his diagnosis was more or less improbable."<|endoftext|>The University College Dublin's Student Union recently decided to adopt a "one-vote" referendum for students. On 6.17pm (June 3) it was said to be opposed by those who wanted to vote in the second week of the referendum.

It made a public appeal for the student members and the campus community to continue to organise their own petition calling for a Referendum on the Referendum issue.

A petition currently being formed, entitled Referendum, has been set up by the Student Union Federation of Irish University (SFSU). To encourage people to support the Referendum, SFSU chief executive, Professor Patrick McGhee said:

"The idea of creating a Referendum on the Referendum issue has never been a priority. I was very upset about it and then this is the moment where we begin getting calls from people asking about this issue and whether it should become a Referendum issue as the referendum question can be put to rest. Not everyone is going to support this issue and I am really disappointed that it has not been accepted into the university."

He added:

"It has been very difficult, not least for me. My position as an anti-Catholic has been that you cannot change the Catholic vote. There are many things you can change but I think the people of Belfast have to be able to do something about it. It cannot continue to be an issue of the Catholics at the moment. We just have to take the time to be able to move forward."

In the short time that the petition has been created, SFSU member and student union President Kevin Gaze says that although he would like to "vote for the Referendum to move forward" the university political situation has changed.

Gaze added:

"The Union and the student movement are very powerful at the moment but not in a hurry. I have been very supportive of the Referendum proposal since its inception. The problem that we have had on our campus is that the students of Belfast have their own agenda. We now have to concentrate on what we can."

The SFSU and the Student Union are now seeking official approval to formally approve the Referendum.

The student union leader of SFSU, Ian Brossard, says that the proposal made to the college will likely be submitted to the SFSU.


A spokesperson for SFSU says:

"It is an important request that the student Union will make for the Referendum to decide on the correct position in


**************************************************************************************

No comments: