Saturday, August 5, 2017

Something seemed to be hovering over me

Something seemed to be hovering over me, rousing me, exciting me, and making me restless. Misery and spite seemed surging up in me again and seeking an outlet.
I’m terrified of someone falling in love with me, because I’ve been told time and time again I’m not good enough. I just don’t want to disappoint.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
I love that feeling when someone shows genuine interest in you. Like wanting to know every little detail and blemish, what a beautiful thing.
People do not die from suicide; they die from sadness.
You promised me the world, promised me you’d never leave me again. But you are gone now. You left again. I waited for your return, but deep down I knew you wouldn’t come back.
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning.
Some things
go your way.
Some things
go away.
Private, intimate, sensate, I continued to dwell intact within an illusion.
Most times, it's just a lot easier
not to let the world know
what's wrong.
I didn’t know what to call it, what was happening between us, but I liked it. It felt silly and fragile and good.
A true spiritual teacher does not have anything to teach in the conventional sense of the word, does not have anything to give or add to you, such as new information, beliefs, or rules of conduct. The only function of such a teacher is to help you remove that which separates you from the truth of who you already are and what you already know in the depth of your being.
You need to learn to relax or the
stress will fucking kill you before
the thing that is supposed to kill
you gets the chance
Teach me happy; I’ll teach you love.
Pain doesn’t just show up in our lives for no reason. It’s a sign that something in our life needs to change.
Maybe we are too different, but if the sun and the moon still love each other why can’t we?
To everything I've ever lost:
Thank you for setting me free.
How marvelous books are, crossing worlds and centuries, defeating ignorance and, finally, cruel time itself.
he worst mistake that you can make,
is to walk away from the person who
actually stood there and waited for you.
Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.
There are two questions
a man must ask himself:
The first is Where am I going?
and the second is Who will go
with me? If you ever get
these questions in the wrong
order you are in trouble.
The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.
Being together is the miracle, being together and caring. Sleeping together, feet touching, legs touching. Being asleep and together.
The sign of intelligence is that
you are constantly wondering.
Idiots are always dead sure about
every damn thing they are
doing in their life.
But let nobody kid himself: spiritual devotion to a popular teacher with an ambiguous dogma is merely a method of making experience more tolerable, not a method of understanding experience or even of accurately describing it.

popular teacher, blemish, suicide, worlds, true spiritual teacher, defeating ignorance, method of making experience, beliefs, moon, spiritual devotion, method of understanding experience, sun, centuries, invariable mark of wisdom, sign of intelligence, Sleeping, feet, legs, dwindled dawn, Morning, conventional sense, word, Private, beautiful thing, ambiguous dogma, Misery, spite, cause happiness, lot, times, reason, lives, questions, order, trouble, miracle, caring, rules of conduct, new information, cruel time, marvelous books, life, People, sadness, Maybe, kid, function of, outlet, love, return, beginning, things, way, illusion, truth, depth, stress, chance, Pain, person, man, Idiots
  20 %

No comments: