Sunday, August 20, 2017

37+1 lines

  1. Who can remember pain once it’s over? All that remains of it is a shadow, not in the mind even, in the flesh. Pain marks you, but too deep to see.
  2. So here’s my question: when you lose the most important person to you in the entire world, where is all the love – love you never even knew you were capable of – supposed to go?
  3. Perhaps if you can accept the pain that almost kills you, you can use it, you can become better.
  4. As far as I could see,
  5. life demanded skills I didn't have.
  6. I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.
  7. don't call me beautiful
  8. I don't case
  9. call me intelligent
  10. tell me my laugh is
  11. contagious
  12. that I made you smile
  13. tell me
  14. I
  15. have something to offer
  16. You know what you deserve? You deserve so
  17. much better. So many things have happened to
  18. you whether its a bad break up, family issues,
  19. friends, whatever it is.. you pulled through. You
  20. have made it this far and I'm proud of you. You
  21. truly deserve the world and since no one can give
  22. you that now, find someone that will, apologize,
  23. forgive but don't forget, find new friends. Ones
  24. that make plans with you and free their time to
  25. give you attention. You deserve all good things
  26. and don't for a second think you're not worth it
  27. because you remind me of the sun, you hide away
  28. but always come back even more beautiful than
  29. before.
  30. Youth mocks even downtown. Erika jeers back loudly. Anything they can do, she can do better. She’s been doing it longer.
  31. If I had my way we’d sleep every night all wrapped around each other like hibernating rattlesnakes.
  32. No matter how good you are
  33. you can always be replaced
  34. I learn a good deal by merely observing you,
  35. And letting you talk as long as you please,
  36. And taking note of what you do not say.
  37. I lift the lid to my box of phantoms, and lay another in
  38. I was very fond of you, but now I’m so, so tired. I’m not happy to go, but one needn’t be happy to make another start.

good things, courage, Pain marks, good deal, love, entire world, new friends, strength, important person, mind, night, family issues, plans, time, lid, box of phantoms, life demanded skills, deeper instinct, enormous demands, innocent, hibernating rattlesnakes, think, Youth mocks, Erika jeers, shadow, flesh, way, start, toughness, woman, matter, question, laugh, Ones, attention, note
  100 %

No comments: